Your Gift Makes an Impact!
♦ Help Bishop McNamara High School to advance its vision to form empowered leaders, inspired by the Gospel, who transform the world
♦ Help Bishop McNamara High School fulfill its mission to educate the hearts and minds of our students in a dynamic, inclusive Catholic school community rooted in the Holy Cross tradition.
Achieve Academic Excellence
Think creatively and critically, ask thought-provoking questions, and address local, national, and international issues through collaborating and communicating clearly in a robust intellectual environment that is committed to academic excellence.
Develop Strong Faith & Morals
Exhibit self-awareness and grasp of faith by developing a relationship with God and embodying strong morals to face difficult decisions that reflects an understanding of the dignity of human beings given by God.
Commit to Formation of Self
Gain an appreciation of various disciplines and excel in our personal passions whether in academics, athletics, or the arts to develop a sense of self while evolving as lifelong learners, cultivating next generation skills and a healthy lifestyle by understanding moderation and discipline in all things.
Actively Seek Transformation of Society
Appreciate cultures other than our own, embracing differences in upbringing, environment, and history to better find our role in the global community and to develop our own identity as responsible citizens.
Pursue Service & Justice
Empathize with others and value service as a personal commitment and social responsibility while exercising charity to the poor and marginalized as modeled by Jesus Christ.
A COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE
- Over $28 million in college scholarships and financial aid earned by the Class of 2023
- 24,000 Christian Service Hours performed annually by our students
- 15,000+ passionate alumni transforming the world
- 872 innovative and creative modern Mustangs
- 196 courses offered
- 100+ individual partner schools represented within each class
- 100% of students accepted into college from the Class of 2023
- 79 dedicated Holy Cross educators
- 64% of faculty hold Master’s or Doctoral degrees
- 60+ unique student Clubs and Organizations
- 50+ students welcomed with learning differences into the St. Joseph’s Program
- 56 challenging Honors Courses
- 40+ Fine Arts Performances, Productions & Concert yearly
- 22 competitive Athletic Varsity Sports in WCAC
- 18 Advanced Placement Courses
- 18 Average Class Size
- 17 stimulating Advanced Placement courses
- 16 Years of Average Faculty Teaching Experience
- 15+ Christian service hours performed each year by freshman students
- 14 award-winning fine and performing arts groups
- 11 distinct counties represented in the Washington Metropolitan region
- 11:1 personal student-to-faculty ratio
- 7 Unique STEM Education Partnerships with organizations such as NASA & Johns Hopkins
- 5 Science labs for biology, chemistry, and physics
- 5 diverse Modern and Classical languages offered
- 3x named Best Private School in Prince George’s County
- 2x defending Mock Trial County Champions
- 1 each: Cybersecurity Lab, CITE Lab, Entrepreneurship Center, Recording Studio, Health Sciences Center
- 1:1 Educational Device Program
- 1 BMHS FAMILY