Student Health Services
Our mission is to offer a collaborative approach to health care that addresses every student’s mental, physical, and spiritual well-being in order to provide the best possible opportunity for success . All student medical information is stored in MAGNUS, our HIPAA compliant electronic medical record.
- Per Maryland state law, all NEW (freshman and transfer) students are required to submit an Immunization Record before the start of school.
- Per the school and athletic conference (WCAC) all students are required to have a physical completed every year between June 1 and August 1.
- Please notify one of us if your child has had a change in health or medication after you have completed the above forms on MAGNUS.
If your student becomes ill at school:
Students needing assistance from the Health Room must obtain a pass from their teacher (if it occurs during a class period) or the Attendance Office before going to the Health Room. Students may not go to the Health Room between classes without a proper pass.
Health Services include:
- Evaluation of sudden illnesses and injuries
- Medication storage that can be self administered with doctor’s approval on file
- First aid, emergency care and crisis intervention
- Health counseling for identified or potential health problems
- Development of care plans for students with chronic illness or unique needs
- Collaboration with students, parents, counselors, teachers, athletic trainers, administrators and community professionals to identify health concerns that may interfere with learning
- Health education and wellness
- Oversight of MAGNUS to ensure that all necessary paperwork and medical documentation is on file every year
Health Room Staff
Health Room Hours Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Dr. Jessica Nash, DAT, LAT, ATC
Director of Student Health Services
Magnus Health Daily Screening: All students and employees who are on campus must continue to complete the Magnus Health screening through the Magnus Health app. If you/your student still need help setting it up or need to reset your login info please follow these directions. If you have questions or issues with the Magnus Health app please reach out to Dr. Jessica Nash, our Director of Student Health Services, or Mrs. Carmen Wilson, our Director of Human Resources.