Student Health Services
Our mission is to offer a collaborative approach to health care that addresses every student’s mental, physical, and spiritual well-being in order to provide the best possible opportunity for success . All student medical information is stored in MAGNUS, our HIPAA compliant electronic medical record.
- Per Maryland state law, all NEW (freshman and transfer) students are required to submit an Immunization Record before the start of school.
- Per the school and athletic conference (WCAC) all students are required to have a physical completed every year between June 1 and August 1.
- Please notify one of us if your child has had a change in health or medication after you have completed the above forms on MAGNUS.
If your student becomes ill at school:
Students needing assistance from the Health Room must obtain a pass from their teacher (if it occurs during a class period) or the Attendance Office before going to the Health Room. Students may not go to the Health Room between classes without a proper pass.
Health Services include:
- Evaluation of sudden illnesses and injuries
- Medication storage that can be self administered with doctor’s approval on file
- First aid, emergency care and crisis intervention
- Health counseling for identified or potential health problems
- Development of care plans for students with chronic illness or unique needs
- Collaboration with students, parents, counselors, teachers, athletic trainers, administrators and community professionals to identify health concerns that may interfere with learning
- Health education and wellness
- Oversight of MAGNUS to ensure that all necessary paperwork and medical documentation is on file every year
Health Room Staff
Health Room Hours Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Dr. Jessica Nash, DAT, LAT, ATC
Director of Student Health Services