Bishop McNamara High School's family newsletter is a valuable resource for our Mustang community. The McNews is a live document, so entries are updated throughout the month as information changes. Please check back often to be sure you have the most recent updates about on-campus events.
In an effort to support our green initiative, these documents will not be printed and mailed. We ask our community to please view the McNews here on our website and resist the urge to print, unless absolutely necessary, including the calendar.
- COVID-19 FAQs
- When are Summer Assignments due?
- When will students find out who their teachers will be?
- When will students receive their textbooks?
- When is my student’s orientation day?
- Are students required to wear uniforms for orientation?
- When is the first day of school?
- Are students required to wear uniforms for the 2021-2022 school year?
- Where should students be dropped off in the morning?
- What time may students be dropped off in the morning?
- Will breakfast be available this year?
- How do students who are tardy check in?
- Will students be allowed to park on campus?
- What are the dismissal procedures?
- What is the school’s technology policy? Do I bring my own computer?
- What are the procedures for lunch this year?
- Will the entire student body attend Mass together as in the past?
- Will clubs and other activities resume this year?
- Where can I find the school calendar?
- Tuesday, September 14, 7:00-9:00 a.m. (students should not arrive before 7:30 a.m.)
- Tuesday, September 21, 7:00-9:00 a.m. (students should not arrive before 7:30 a.m.)
- Tuesday, September 28, 7:00-9:00 a.m. (students should not arrive before 7:30 a.m.)
Click here to visit our COVID-19 information page.Parent Information Nights Scheduled
- September 22, Junior Parent Meeting (11th grade)
- September 23, Senior Parent College Information Night (12th grade)
- September 29, Sophomore Parent Meeting (10th grade)
- September 30, Freshman Parent Meeting (9th grade)
CLASS OF 2026 ~ We're looking for you!
Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are now open! Class of 2026 checklists have been updated for prospective students who have already established a Maccess account. From that updated checklist prospective Mustangs may:
- See important due dates
- Submit an application
- Sign up for campus tours and Mustang for a Day Shadow visits
- Sign up for Fall 2021 information nights, our open house, and other events.
Click here for information on how to submit an inquiry and create a Maccess account.
You may also order PE uniforms, dance and African dance uniforms, socks, and some additional uniform items, along with spirit wear, from the Mustang Shop & Bookstore. Visit their online store via the link on this page to shop. If you have questions or need more information call 301-735-8401, Ext. 114 or email MustangShop@bmhs.org.
Business Office Contacts
Campus Ministry Contacts
- Being a reader of intercessions, the readings, or explanation of the theme at the beginning of Mass.
- Writing and delivering a reflection on the theme and Gospel.
- Altar Serving
- Preparing and performing a dance during a liturgical season.
- If you're not into being in front of people we still need your help! Every month we develop a theme for the liturgy, pick the readings, choose the artwork that we use, and help set up the space for Mass.
If interested, please fill out this Google form. If you have filled this out before please do so again so we know you are still interested.
- Unofficial transcripts are viewable and printable from Maccess.
- College Counseling will be using Parchment and SCOIR to send all official transcripts to colleges and universities for the Class of 2022. The processing fee is $5 per transcript.
- Record requests for Bishop McNamara alumni should be submitted via Parchment. The processing fee is $5 per transcript.
It is not too late to enroll or audition for a Fine Art for the 2021-2022 year. Consider joining the Vocal Jazz Ensemble, MG Magic Show Choir, Jazz Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, or audition for the Traditional African Music & Dance's Sankofa Ensemble. These are all Omega course offerings which meet after school for a credit and grade. CLICK HERE for some important information on how and when you can audition/enroll. Do you have an empty block on your schedule? We still have spots available in some of our programs, including Classical Dance, Choir, Band and Orchestra. All backgrounds are welcome.
- Be an Event Sponsor or Corporate Donor ~ Please CLICK HERE and see/share our donor letter. In order to recognize your contribution/advertisement we are asking for replies by September 17, 2021.
- Be a Participant ~ Ask your friends and family to sponsor you, then run or walk with us on October 16. Registration to walk or run will open in mid-September and close the day of the race. All funds raised go to support the BMHS Fine Arts program.
THANK YOU for your support.
Mustang Shop Contact