Emergency Notifications & Weather Closings
There are no messages to display.
Weather Closing, Delays & Early Dismissal Policy
Bishop McNamara High School follows the Prince George's County Public School Winter Weather Policy. However, we reserve the right to make decisions that best serve the safety and interest of our overall school community.
- If weather conditions warrant, we will notify our community via email of any closings, delays or early dismissals. The BMHS website message page pop-up will be utilized on all pages as well as messages posted on this page.
- Check with local media such as WTOP radio and local television news.
- In the event that schools are closed early, parents are urged to pick-up their child two hours after the announced closing so that our faculty and staff may get home safely. For example, if the announced closing is 12:00 noon, you will need to pick-up your child by 2:00 pm.
- In the event of a two-hour delayed opening, hallways will open at 9:45 AM and classes will begin at 10:15 AM. Students may arrive on campus as early as 9:00 AM, but will be restricted to the Andy Mona Student Center. All evening activities will proceed as scheduled.
- If school is closed, all after-school activities, including practices, games and meetings, are canceled and will be re-scheduled.