Emergency Notifications, Weather Delays & Closings
Bishop McNamara High School follows the Prince George's County Public School Winter Weather Policy. You may sign up to receive text or email messages as these decisions are made for closings or delays by the County. Go to Sign up for Text Message and Email Alerts >>
However, we reserve the right to make decisions that best serve the safety and interest of our overall school community.
- If weather conditions warrant, we will notify our community via email of any closings, delays or early dismissals. The BMHS website message page pop-up will be utilized on all pages as well as messages posted on this Emergency Notifications & Weather Closing/Delays page.
- Check with local media such as WTOP radio and local television news.
- In the event that schools are closed early, parents are urged to pick-up their child two hours after the announced closing so that our faculty and staff may get home safely. For example, if the announced closing is 12:00 noon, you will need to pick-up your child by 2:00 pm.
- In the event of a two-hour delayed opening, hallways will open at 9:45 AM and classes will begin at 10:15 AM. Students may arrive on campus as early as 9:00 AM, but will be restricted to the Andy Mona Student Center. All evening activities will proceed as scheduled.
- If school is closed, all after-school activities, including practices, games and meetings, are canceled and will be re-scheduled at a later date.
Parents, Students, Faculty, Staff, and Coaches will need to make sure they check their email messages along with our website for additional information and instructions. Contractors and vendors will need to check our website for delays or closing information.
Click on the Alert "Bell" icon in the upper right corner of the Message box.
Select Emergency Notifications board under Subscriptions and click the "Next" button.
Complete your first and last names as well as your email address, and check the box "I am a human" (helps to protect from spam). Click on SIGNUP send a verification email to your email address. Please click the confirmation link in the email to complete signup process for the following boards.
You should then receive an on screen verification of your sign up process.