We bring you news of what is happening in our community - events, awards, and the great things our students, faculty and staff, parents and alumni are doing every day at BMHS!
Click on Alerts icon on the main BMHS News page to sign up for the latest news in your email box or on your phone.
Mid-term exams will be here in just three short weeks so our counselors have prepared a study calendar to help students plan their study sessions. The calendar begins the day after Thanksgiving (Nov. 23) and breaks the studying into smaller, more manageable chunks. Research has shown that studying smaller amounts over a longer period of time yields better recall of information. Just 15-30 minutes is really all you need for each session.
During the first week of studying you should:
- Make sure your notes are complete
- Make sure you have all notes and materials needed to study
- Make sure you have completed any associated reading
- Organize your backpack and binders as needed
After study guides are handed out (by Dec. 3rd) you should:
- Make sure your notes include all of the material covered on the study guide
- See your teacher for clarification and to ask questions
- Attend study sessions
- Have others (parents, friends, etc.) quiz you on the material
- Go to St. Joe's Resource Center for extra support
Before each exam day:
- Get a good night's sleep
- Eat an energizing breakfast
- Be on time
- Come prepared with the materials you need
Paper copies of the study calendar are available in the counseling center if needed.