A Holy Cross Teacher
- A Holy Cross Teacher evangelizes, educates and inspires through personal witness.
- A Holy Cross Teacher constantly strives to professionalize, expand and enrich his/her own knowledge in order to better teach and lead the young people he/she is called to serve.
- A Holy Cross Teacher rejoices in and is nourished by cultural, spiritual and racial diversity.
- A Holy Cross Teacher believes in the innate potential of young people and strives to reach out to each child with a wide range of learning opportunities.
- A Holy Cross Teacher believes that a school must also be a family.
- A Holy Cross Teacher is proud of his/her profession and all that he/she does reflects that professional pride.
- A Holy Cross Teacher instructs not only in a specific discipline, but empowers through instruction and personal witness so that students can become informed and responsible citizens.
- A Holy Cross Teacher instills in each young person a sense of self worth and dignity.
- A Holy Cross Teacher fosters among his/her students a self respect and self discipline that allows each student to honor and respect others.
- A Holy Cross Teacher gives freely of him/herself, and through that generous sharing of self, he/she becomes a model that young people can emulate.
- A Holy Cross Teacher understands that a school is a building that has within its four walls the power to change the world.
“...We will always place education side by side with instruction; the mind will not be cultivated at the expense of the heart. While we prepare useful citizens for society, we shall likewise do our utmost to prepare citizens for heaven.”
Father Basil Moreau (Circular Letter 36- 1849)