Mustang Ministry Memo
At Catholic Charities- Remote Opportunities
- Care Packages- need a remote activity to do with your students this Spring? Have students put together care packages for one of our shelters or food programs! Email me at email@example.com if you’d like more information on this
- Sew Face Masks for Frontline Staff- students can sew face masks for our frontline staff and clients.
- Dorothy Day Meal Drop Off- Students and their families can make a meal for our Dorothy Day Place shelter in Rockville
At Catholic Charities- In Person Opportunities
- Spanish Catholic Center Food Distribution- every other Wednesday our Spanish Catholic Center hosts a food distribution for the community in their Columbia Heights neighborhood.
- What: Volunteers are needed to help bag and distribute food packages to the Columbia Heights community.
- When: every other Wednesday
- Time: 10am – 12:30pm
- SHARE Food Distribution- Volunteers will assist staff by distributing food packages and loading them into clients’ cars. Occurs on the 2nd or 3rd Friday and Saturday of the month
- What: Volunteers are need to help bag and distribute food.
- When: 2nd or 3rd Friday and Saturday of the month
- Time: 10am – 4pm on Friday, 5:30 – 10:30am on Saturday
- SHARE Food Bagging
- What: Prepare the food packages for the distribution the following week.
- When: 3rd or 4th Friday of the month
- Time:7am – 10am
Greater Beulah Baptist Church in Capitol Heights: Volunteers needed to distribute free food boxes to the community. Saturdays in April from 9-1pm. Contact Tina Hayes at Tina.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Tutoring: Volunteers needed for grades K-5 to assist with activities in math and language in Google classroom setting. Sessions held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-5pm. Contract Tina Hayes at Tina.email@example.com.
Cherokee Lane Elementary School in Adelphi is in desperate need of volunteers June 14-16 to help pack boxes. Please contact Karen Ramariz at 301-445-8415 or email Karen.Rodriguez@pgcps.
Our Place Waldorf Soup Kitchen: Volunteers desperately needed at 305 Smallwood Drive on Monday and Thursday evenings from 3-7pm and at 3235 Leonardtown Road on Friday and Sunday evenings from 3-7pm. Must sign up at http://www.ourplacewaldorf.
Mission Nutrition (Gwynn Park High School in Brandywine): Need volunteers to help distribute food on the third Tuesday of each month from 4pm-6pm. Contact Ms. Kim Burch at 301-818-3730 or info@
M.E.R.C.Y House Ministry in Temple Hills: Volunteers needed on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays from 9am-12noon to assist in the distribution of clothing and food. Register at least 3 days in advance at MercyHouseMinistry@yahoo.
SHABACH! Emergency Resource Center: Volunteers needed for Grocery Giveaways on some Thursdays at various locations. Also need volunteers to help organize warehouse. Call Gwen Pope at 240 532-7003 or firstname.lastname@example.org for dates and times. Volunteers must be Covid-19 tested (Shabach can provide location for free Covid testing if necessary).
Fort Washington Food Pantry: volunteers needed every Saturday from 8-11 to pack and carry groceries to cars for clients, restocking food room, helping with setup/cleanup and directing traffic. Contact Jane Hudnall at 202-679-8898 (c) or email@example.com or Fo
Elizabeth House, FISH of Laurel, 308 Gorman Avenue, Laurel, MD 20707: limited number of volunteers needed in the food pantry on Saturdays from 9:00am-12:30pm. Volunteers must use this link to sign up.
Dreams for Kids DC: digital volunteer opportunities available every week. Please sign up via the website at dreamsforkidsdc.org
A Wider Circle in Silver Spring: Volunteers needed Monday-Saturday in shifts from 9-12 or 1-4; Sunday 1-4 to collect and distribute furniture and home goods and help organize the warehouse. Must call or email to schedule time. Contact Rachael Buck at 301-608-3504 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Age-In-Place®Program, Seabury Resources for Aging: Volunteers needed for yard work and house cleaning for DC seniors, 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm Tuesday-Friday. Must contact Grandon Purnell 202-635-9384 x105 or email@example.com at least 3 days in advance.
Free Tutoring Center: Volunteers needed for virtual tutoring of elementary and middle school students from underprivileged backgrounds all over the US. Must complete application on website at https://www.
GiGi's Playhouse, Annapolis: Volunteers needed for virtual opportunities such as our TeenTastic program (role model for individuals with Down Syndrome) and Yoga. Volunteers must complete the volunteer form at https://gigisplayhouse.org/
Healthy Babies Project: volunteers needed to "do a supermarket day for clients". Contact Regine Elie or Jazmine Brazierat 202-396-2809 or relie@healthybabiesproject.
LifeStyles of Maryland Foundation, Inc.in LaPlata: Volunteers needed for April 17th Food Distribution (stop and drop Covid careful) from 9am-1pm. Contact Tammy Gausman at 301-609-9900 x225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kidpower, Inc.: Volunteers needed for their Read Aloud and Math Learning Programs. For the Read Aloud program, volunteers receive a list of pre-approved books to choose from and record a video of themselves reading the book. After approval, video would be posted on Kidpower's YouTube for students. For Math Learning program, volunteers would record a teaching video from selected prepared lessons. For more information, contact Kiana Stacey at volunteer@
We have had students:
Shovel snow, help elderly neighbors with their groceries, assist their grandparents, help their church with their social media and livestream.
Create care packages and drop them off to essential workers and shelters
Write letters to senior citizens and call local nursing homes to talk to residents
Work with Kits to Heart provides thoughtfully designed, curated cancer care kits
Joined Teens in Action and worked with Ms. Pezzuto (email Rosemary.Pezzuto@campfirepatuxent.org