Service Program Requirements
Step by step process to complete the service program:
- Student figures out what they want to do for their community service hours (see ideas below)
- Volunteer for 5 hours (that is all that is required)
- Complete the Service Verification Form (parents can sign to verify their student’s hours)
- Take a photo and upload it to the Service Verification Form Google Form
- Complete the Reflection Google Form
- Then, complete the 3 reflection questions with one paragraph each in this Reflection Paragraph Form.
- All of these elements must be handed in by May 1
- We hope our students will have an experience that allows them to: develop a habit of giving back to their community, to step outside of their comfort zone and challenge themselves, to reflect on their experience, and to learn more about the population in which they served.
- We also hope that the changes in our program will provide more flexibility for our families.
Students can complete all 5 hours doing the same thing or they can mix and match. They only need to complete one set of reflection forms.
We are accepting almost anything as service hours there are only two things to keep in mind:
Students cannot get paid and then count it as service hours
The service must pertain to someone outside of their immediate household.
- Due to COVID-19 and this coming Fall being unpredictable, for the 2020-2021 school year, every student will only need to complete 5 hours of service.
- All 5 hours may be done virtually/remotely, but no matter what In order to document hours that have been completed, students will fill out a Service Verification Form, have it signed, and submit it electronically to this Google Form.
Visit our service program FAQs for additional information.