Updated May 16, 2022
COVID Reminder: If your student tests positive for COVID at any point in time (weekdays, weekends, breaks, holidays, etc), it is important that it is reported to the school as soon as possible to help prevent further spread. Additionally, we can help guide your student to a safe return to on-campus activities.
- As of Tuesday, February 1, 2022, all students, employees, and contractors at our school must be up to date with their COVID vaccinations. Employees, students, and visitors must wear at least a 2-layer mask until March 14th (see update below) and are encouraged to wear a well-fitting KN95/N95 mask.
- Mask Requirement Ends: On March 14, 2022, we lifted our mandatory indoor mask mandate, a move that has also been implemented in the state and the Archdiocese of Washington. Students, employees, and visitors will be invited to voluntarily wear masks if they feel more comfortable. If a major spike in cases were to occur, we reserve the right to reinstate the mask mandate. Please continue to pray for each other and our community as we continue to navigate this health crisis.
- Any student or employee who has tested positive must communicate this to Dr. Nash, Director of Student Health Services, who will determine the conditions for a return to campus.
- We will continue to limit visitors to our buildings as much as possible.
- If you would like to get a booster shot or be vaccinated, please click here to locate a vaccination site.
- In-store shopping has resumed at the Mustang Shop. Spectators at athletic events will be limited to two guests for each participating student-athlete. Live-stream access will continue to be available free of charge for all on-campus athletic events.
- Has your student received the COVID Booster? We would love to know! Please take a picture or scan the completed vaccination documentation and upload it to your student’s Magnus Account under Immunizations.
- All Fine Arts Productions will be selling limited in-person tickets and some productions will be providing a virtual streaming option. Before purchasing in-person tickets and attending our events, please consult our BMHS Fine Arts Vaccination & Mask Policy.
Virtual Instruction - Please remember that students who have been permitted to use this virtual option have been permitted by an administrator or the Director of Student Health. Students or families cannot decide on their own to participate.
Magnus: As we gradually move to loosen COVID restrictions, as of Tuesday, 2/22, we will no longer require students and employees to complete the daily COVID questionnaire on the Magnus app. We will continue to use Magnus to manage our student’s medical paperwork (i.e. physicals, immunization records, over-the-counter medication forms, etc.).
Not Feeling Well? If you’re not feeling well and exhibit any ONE of the symptoms below you should stay home. Students who report to the Health Room complaining of any of these symptoms will be sent home by current Department of Health protocols. When a student may return to school depends on several factors. Please contact Dr. Jessica Nash, Director of Student Health Services with any questions (email@example.com)
- fever of 100.4° or higher
- sore throat
- difficulty breathing
- diarrhea or vomiting
- new onset of severe headache (especially with fever)
- new loss of taste or smell
*For persons with chronic conditions such as asthma, the symptoms should represent a change from their baseline.
- What reopening stage will be in place when school opens?
- Will students have to wear masks?
- Will students still be required to complete the Magnus app questionnaire each morning?
- Must students be vaccinated to attend school?
- What steps will be taken if my child tests positive for COVID-19, or is exposed to someone who tests positive?
- What mitigation measures are being taken by the school to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- May students opt out of in-person learning?
- What should I do if my student is not feeling well?
Have you updated your email addresses and phone numbers in Maccess lately? If you are not getting emails from our school offices, it is time to check your contact info in Maccess. You may be missing important school information.
Log into Maccess here and update your info today. Forgot your username or password? Click Forgot Login on that page.
If you have any problems, contact MaccessHelp@bmhs.org
- Memo from Maryland Department of Health and Department of Education
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- State of Maryland
- CDC - Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives; When, How to Wash; Soap & Hand Sanitizers
- Archdiocese of Washington Coronavirus Resources & Information
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019 from the CDC
- Supporting Teenagers and Young Adults During the Coronavirus Crisis by Child Mind Institute
Announcements - Begin at 8:00 AM and broadcast live via ZOOM. The link is available when Students and Parents log into Maccess.
Weekly Updates will be sent directly to email inboxes for all Parents, Students, Faculty and Staff every week on Sunday and will be posted to this page.