Frequently Asked Questions
When will I find out if I qualified for financial aid?
(INCOMING FRESHMAN ONLY)
- Families of prospective freshmen will receive their financial aid packages via U.S. Mail (mailed out Thursday, February 16, 2023) and via Maccess on Friday, February 17, 2023.
- Families of returning students will receive their financial aid decisions via Re-Enrollment Contract on Friday, February 24, 2023.
What are the financial aid decisions based on?
- Financial aid decisions are determined by our Financial Aid and Scholarships Committee on the basis of need. We receive a great deal of financial aid applications each year, and the committee endeavors to assist as many families as possible.
What happens if I miss the financial aid deadline?
- Late applications will still be considered, but in the order in which they are received after the deadline. If financial aid has been exhausted by the time the financial aid committee has received and reviewed your application, your application will be placed on a waiting list until funds become available (not guaranteed).
Who do I reach out to if I have difficulties with uploading my documents to the FACTS financial aid application?
- FACTS has an excellent customer support team that can help! They can be reached via phone at (866)441-4637.
How are Moreau Scholarship recipients selected?
- Moreau candidates are identified based on the Moreau Scholarship Application and the Principal Verification and Recommendation Form (certifying that the student is in the Top 10% of their 8th-grade class). The Moreau Scholarship is renewable each year, provided the student maintains a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Students will sit for the Moreau exam here at BMHS in January of 2023, and the top 8 scorers are awarded in the following ways:
- 1st and 2nd Highest Scorers: 100% Tuition awarded
- 3rd and 4th highest scorers: 75% Tuition awarded
- 5th and 6th highest scorers: 50% Tuition awarded
- 7th and 8th highest scorers: 25% Tuition awarded
How are Presidential Scholarship recipients selected?
- Presidential Scholarship awardees are selected by the Financial Aid and Scholarships committee based on students’ GPAs and dedication to academic excellence throughout the school year. The Presidential Scholarship is renewed each year, provided the student maintains a 3.0 or higher GPA.
How are donor and external scholarship recipients selected?
- Donor/External scholarship recipients are selected (based on set criteria) by our Financial Aid and Scholarships committee along with the support of the donors and external organizations.
How many awards are given for each Donor/External scholarship?
- For most of these scholarships, there is only one recipient. In certain cases, there are two to three recipients, which is at the discretion of the Donor or organization that sponsors the scholarship.