SCOIR is an online application designed to guide students through the college search and application process and to allow the Counseling Center to manage the flow of paperwork created during that process. SCOIR provides a broad array of capabilities that our teachers, counselors, administrators, and students will use on a daily basis to collaborate, to monitor progress in the search and application process, and to guide each student through challenging academic and career decisions.
All students will receive an invitation to create their SCOIR account and password, and an introduction to the tools available to them in SCOIR. They will be expected to use these tools throughout their high school career. Tools available to the students through SCOIR include:
- College Lookup – for researching information about colleges and universities
- College Match – generates a list of colleges that fit a student’s criteria for what they are looking for in a university.
- Statistical analysis of acceptance results for past BMHS students
- College Visits – A list of admissions representatives who will visit BMHS; students may register for the visits via SCOIR.
- Tracking tools for the college paperwork process, including Secondary School Reports, transcripts and recommendations, to ensure deadlines are met.
- Personal Bio/Activities and Achievements – To help students develop a resume to submit with college or employment applications.