Accreditation & Affiliation
Accreditation is a process of assessment which ensures that an educational institution has met and is maintaining a high level of quality standards for education. Accreditation demonstrates that a particular high school:
- is teaching at a level that is appraised nationally
- serves as a testament for higher education institutions that students with an accredited high school diploma can meet the demands of college courses
- assist institutions of higher education in determining acceptability of transfer credits.
Graduates from accredited high schools are assured that their diplomas will be recognized by both colleges and employers.
Affiliations advance collective interests of member schools while promoting high professional and educational standards and exemplary practices.
BISHOP MCNAMARA IS A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS, DEMONSTRATING OUR COMMITMENT TO EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE AND THE WELL-BEING OF ALL STUDENTS:
- Middle States Accreditation
- The Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington (AISGW)
- Holy Cross Institute at St. Edward's University
- The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Catholic Business Network
- Maryland State Department of Education
- National Catholic Education Association
- The Archdiocese of Washington
- Greater Prince George's Business Roundtable
- National Small Business Alliance (NSBA)
- Washington Catholic Athletic Conference (WCAC)