Fine Arts Scholarships
Scholarship Auditions 2016
Fine Arts Scholarships for Music, Dance, Theatre, and Visual Arts
WHO?Scholarships are awarded to applying 9th grade BMHS applicants. Scholarships are not available for transfer students.
WHAT? BMHS offers several Fine Arts Scholarships sponsored by The Fine Arts Department. Scholarships are available in Music, Dance, Theatre, and Visual Arts and range in amounts averaging $500 to $1000+ per year in either 2 or 4-year increments.
WHEN?Scholarship information is made available at the BMHS Annual Open House, after which the information is available on the BMHS website. Auditions and portfolio dates range from early January to early February.
WHERE? All Auditions occur here at Bishop McNamara High School.
WHY? To recognize and reward the wonderful achievements of our talented applicants.
HOW? The scholarships are awarded to students based on ability. The audition/application process is different for each art form.
- Classical Dance Scholarships - All Genres - Group Auditions
- African Music & Dance Scholarships - Individual Auditions
- Choir Scholarships - Individual Auditions
- Band & Orchestra Scholarships - Individual Auditions
- Guitar/Piano/Drum Set - Individual Auditions
- Theatre Scholarships - All Theatre Experiences - Group Auditions
- Visual Arts Scholarships - Drawing and Additional Art Forms - Art Portfolio Submission
Scholarships and the Admission Process
Fine Arts Scholarship Information and Registration Forms
Step One – Click on the links below in each program under Information & Requirements to open a printable scholarship information sheet for each program.
Step Two – Click on the links below in each program for the Online Registration Form to register for the audition/portfolio submission.
The Online Registration Period for All Fine Arts Scholarships is between November 8, 2015 and January 8, 2016. Scholarship Audition/Portfolio Registration can occur anytime between November 8, 2015 to January 8, 2016. (Space available on a first come first serve basis . . . don't wait too long)