Welcome back Mustang Students and Families!
Just a couple of important points:
- Calendar for 2016-17 - BMHS, Maroon & Gold Days, Athletics & more
- Bell Schedule for start of 2016-17
- Medical Forms - Due Now - Parents: Log into Maccess and select "Forms"
- Update Household Information - Due Now - Parents: Log into Maccess and select "Update Household Info"
- Forgot your Maccess Username or Password? Go to Retrieve My Username/Password
- Traffic Pattern for Drop Off and Pick Up
- Carpool Info
- Important Dates this first week:
- 8/29 - Class of 2020: Freshman Orientation
- 8/30 - Class of 2020: Book Day/Yearbook Pictures
- 8/31 - Class of '19, '18 &'17: Dean's Mtg/Book Day/Yearbook Pictures
- 9/1 - All Students: First Day of Classes - Maroon A
- 9/2 - All Students: Full Day of Classes - Gold A
- 9/5 - Labor Day: No School
Have a great week, Mustangs!
2016 Summer Assignments
During the summer, students are encouraged to read books and articles that interest them.
In addition to reading, there are the specific summer assignments required for the 2016-17 school year courses. All students are required to complete the English and Mathematics assignments and some students have additional course summer assignments. Some documents below are in Adobe Portable Document Format. You will need to have the latest version of the Adobe Reader to view and print these documents. Go to Get Adobe Reader for the a free copy of the latest version.
Additionally, some courses require specific supplies purchased before the start of school year. Please check the Supply List for supplies if applicable.
The following assignments must be completed by students in the summer prior to the start of the 2016-2017 school year - check back frequently as this page will be updated on a regular basis.
Click on the assignment link below to download for viewing and/or printing.
English Department Summer Assignments
Literature & Composition (all levels): Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Rhetoric (all levels): And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
American Lit: Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich
Advanced Placement English Language & Composition: Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich and Spare Parts: Four Undocumented Teenagers, One Ugly Robot, and the Battle for the American Dream by Joshua Davis
British Literature: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
AP Literature & Composition: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time and The Thief and the Dogs by Naguib Mahfouz (translated by Trevor Le Gassick and M.M. Badawi)
Fine Arts Department Summer Assignments
Advanced Placement Studio Art 2D Design/Photography
Math Department Summer Assignments
Hello all BMHS Math students current and new:
The math summer packets are available through the MathXL website: mathxlforschool.com. Click on the link that describes your status, and follow the instructions.
Class of 2020 St. Joseph's students will complete the summer packet during their summer program at BMHS with the St. Joseph Director.
Any questions should be directed to Mrs. Diehlmann through email: email@example.com
Social Studies Department Summer Assignments
Advanced Placement US History
Advanced Placement European History
Global Studies College Prep and Honors