Welcome back Mustang Students and Families!
Just a couple of important points:
- Calendar for 2016-17 - BMHS, Maroon & Gold Days, Athletics & more
- Bell Schedule for start of 2016-17
- Medical Forms - Due Now - Parents: Log into Maccess and select "Forms"
- Update Household Information - Due Now - Parents: Log into Maccess and select "Update Household Info"
- Forgot your Maccess Username or Password? Go to Retrieve My Username/Password
- Traffic Pattern for Drop Off and Pick Up
- Carpool Info
- Important Dates this first week:
- 8/29 - Class of 2020: Freshman Orientation
- 8/30 - Class of 2020: Book Day/Yearbook Pictures
- 8/31 - Class of '19, '18 &'17: Dean's Mtg/Book Day/Yearbook Pictures
- 9/1 - All Students: First Day of Classes - Maroon A
- 9/2 - All Students: Full Day of Classes - Gold A
- 9/5 - Labor Day: No School
Have a great week, Mustangs!
Click on the Questions below for answers to our most asked questions.
Bishop McNamara is a Catholic school sponsored by The Brothers of Holy Cross. BMHS provides a faith-based education. As a Holy Cross School Community, BMHS:
- Educates in the Faith by instilling a life mission consistent with Gospel values.
- Celebrates the sanctity and dignity of life.
- Cultivates the mind, body, and spirit.
- Values diversity as a strength and humility as a virtue.
- Nurtures a spirit of community. Inspires life-long learning, personal growth and faith development.
- Bishop McNamara students individually and collectively carry on the Bishop McNamara mission by making a positive difference in their world.
For more information see Holy Cross at BMHS
Our selection evaluation process includes:
- Academic achievement in grades 7 and 8
- Total academic progress for transfer students
- Teacher and administrative recommendations
- Entrance examination, the Catholic High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- Standardized testing
- Student essay
For more information, see Application Process
A small number of students are accepted for grades 10 and 11 if space becomes available. We consider a limited number of transfer students for mid-year enrollment, based on space. For more information, see Application Process/Transfer Student
Yes, both are available at Bishop McNamara.
- Archdiocesan Financial Aid is distributed on the basis of family need.
- Financial Aid is also available through the BMHS Tuition Grant Program.
- The Moreau Scholarship is a four-year full tuition scholarship based on academic achievement and a desire to attend Bishop McNamara High School.
- Moreau Merit and Presidential Scholarships are also awarded on the results of this scholarship examination, the written essay, and records provided by the student's grade school.
- Fine Arts Scholarships in the areas of Music (Choir, Band & Orchestra), Dance (Ballet, Tap, Lyrical, Jazz/Hip Hop, and African Dance), Theatre and Visual Arts/Drawing are awarded in incoming freshmen based upon audition results.
- For additional information, go to Scholarships or Financial Information.
Students come from all over the Washington Metropolitan area. Bus transportation is available from several areas through a private firm for a monthly fee. Many parents and older students drive to the school. Car pools to and from Bishop McNamara High School are encouraged. Each year a list is maintained of those expressing an interest in car-pooling. There is a Metro bus stop near the school entrance. Info on Metro and bus schedules can be obtained at the Metro Website. For more information, go to Transporation.
Over the last five years, 98-100% of Bishop McNamara graduates have been accepted at colleges and universities all over the country. For a list of colleges our students attend go to Colleges and Universities.
Two Teacher Evaluation Forms are required for applications of students applying from non-Catholic elementary schools or for transfer students. Recommendations for students from Catholic Elementary Schools are automatically submitted. You may download the evaluation forms during the Apply Online process or go to Admissions Forms to print additional copies.