Students taking the August 26 SAT at Bishop McNamara High School should park in the Mt. Calvary Catholic Church and school parking lot and enter the building through Bishop McNamara's front doors, located just off the circular drive. Parents should drop off and pick up students from the Mount Calvary parking lot as well.
Weather Closing Policy
Bishop McNamara High School follows the Prince George's County Public School Winter Weather Policy. However, we reserve the right to make decisions that best serve the safety and interest of our overall school community.
- If weather conditions warrant, we will notify our community via email or text message through BMHS Alerts system, the BMHS website message pop-up and Alerts page, as well as WTOP radio and local television news. To sign-up for Alerts, go to Alerts Sign-up and follow directions.
- In the event that schools are closed early, parents are urged to pick-up their students promptly so that our faculty and staff may get home safely.
- In the event of a two-hour delayed opening, hallways will open at 9:45 AM and classes will begin at 10:15 AM. Students may arrive on campus as early as 9:00 AM, but will be restricted to the Fine Arts Gym. All evening activities will proceed as scheduled.
- If school is closed, all after-school activities, including practices, are canceled and will be re-scheduled.
- Announcements regarding closures or delays will be on all local media. You may also check the BMHS website.
- Important: In the event that the school is closed, all students and parents should check MACCESS for all assignments that need to be completed. BMHS Faculty members will have assignments for all classes posted to MACCESS by noon on the day of inclement weather.
We ask that all parents/guardians sign-up for emails and/or text messages at Alerts Sign-Up page today. Follow the instructions completely. You must select "Alerts" page under Current Subscriptions to receive updates as they are posted.