Welcome to the Bishop McNamara High School Online Employment Opportunities and Application Process. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Employment Office at Employment@bmhs.org.
Bishop McNamara High School, a college preparatory school in the Holy Cross tradition, exists to educate and to form young men and women in and through the Catholic faith. The school challenges its students to think with Christ: a thought animated by the gospel, manifested in service, and informed by academic excellence.
Bishop McNamara High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, or socioeconomic status.
Below are the Bishop McNamara High School employment opportunities available at this time.
Applications for Employment for all positions may be completed online at Application for Employment
The Director of Alumni Relations coordinates the development, implementation and execution of new and existing alumni events, programs, volunteer opportunities and services designed to foster a lifelong connection between alumni and the School. The Director of Alumni Relations partners with various School departments to develop programs, events and activities that promote alumni leadership and advocacy and support the School’s programming, fundraising, outreach and recruitment goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Serves as staff member to the Alumni Association Board
- a.Coordinates committee meetings, agendas, and distribution of the minutes.
- b.Executive committee assignments
- c.Helps to promote Alumni Association membership throughout the alumni community, recruits volunteer leadership for the Board and establishes alumni chapters nationwide.
- d.Research and implement best practices regarding the Alumni Association development.
- e.Manage Alumni Association membership program including sales, marketing, and renewal programs.
- Serves as reunion coordinator for all alumni classes including event planning and class giving solicitations.
- Identifies, cultivates and recruits new alumni volunteers for a variety of needs within the School including but not limited to coaching, mentoring, Speaker Series and serving on School related committees.
- Identifies Alumni and community leaders for the School’s Speaker Series.
- Solicits gifts for the School at various giving levels with direct responsibility for the Alumni Association Executive Committee.
- Helps to staff and solicit gifts for the Capital Campaign and any other special campaign projects.
- Routinely identify, qualify, cultivate and steward alumni prospects for gifts, personally manage and solicit a portfolio of alumni donors.
- Participates on related School committees as assigned.
- Hosts alumni while they are on campus including giving campus tours.
- Attends Alumni outreach events such as but not limited to Alumni Happy Hours, Homecoming, Hall of Fame, alumni sporting events, Mustang Cup and the Fall Gala.
- Serve as coordinator to the alumni section of the Mustang Messenger.
- Bachelor’s degree or two to four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to work with nights and weekends as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to engage alumni and volunteer groups
- Working knowledge of social media outlets(Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
Apply to: Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to L’oreal Edmondson, Director of Institutional Advancement at Loreal.Edmondson@bmhs.org.
The essential functions have been included. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Supervisors as deemed appropriate may assign additional functions.
Bishop McNamara High School seeks a full-time Resource Teacher for the St. Joseph’s Program beginning August 2015. Embracing the Holy Cross values of Being Family, Building Respect, Educating Minds and Hearts, and Bringing Hope, the Resource Teacher supports the mission of Bishop McNamara High School primarily by working with students with learning differences in a resource capacity in the St. Joseph’s Program . The individual must be able to work with students with different learning styles and implement diverse learning strategies to meet their needs. This individual assumes responsibilities as designated by the Director of the St. Joseph’s Program and provides leadership to the school community, particularly among students with learning differences. He/she adheres to educational policies, mandates, and school plans to implement, effect, and supervise students in the St. Joseph’s Program. The Resource Teacher is a ten-month employee. Salary and benefits are competitive with other Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Washington, D.C.
- Applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree and Master’s Degree in Special Education/Leadership and Administration/or equivalent
- Facilitates learning styles and implements learning strategies for students with learning differences
- Reviews classroom lessons with students with learning differences
- Assists students with studying for tests and quizzes with learning differences
- Regularly checks lockers and agenda books of students in the St. Joseph’s Program
- Supervises after-school study session one to two times per week among students in the St. Joseph’s Program
- Provides organization assistance to the Director of the St. Joseph’s Program
- Provides one-on-one tutoring among students in the St. Joseph’s Program
- Administers oral testing among students in the St. Joseph’s Program
- Fills in scantron forms for students in the St. Joseph’s Program who require this kind of assistance
- Provides and maintains “binders” with weekly classroom notes for students within the St. Joseph’s Program
- Identify “social” issues in the dining hall for all students within the St. Joseph’s Program
- Facilitate monthly social lunch groups among students both within and outside the St. Joseph’s Program to develop social interaction skills for students in the Program
- Meet weekly with the Director and Learning Specialist of the St. Joseph’s Program
To apply, interested candidates should submit an online Application for Employment including all documentation.