Below are the Bishop McNamara High School employment opportunities available at this time.
Bishop McNamara High School, a college preparatory school in the Holy Cross tradition, exists to educate and to form young men and women in and through the Catholic faith. The school challenges its students to think with Christ: a thought animated by the gospel, manifested in service, and informed by academic excellence.
The English department seeks a full-time teacher to join their instructional team, beginning August 2015. This person will teach five or six sections of English classes, to include courses in Literature and Composition (Grade 9) and/or Rhetoric (Grade 10). The successful candidate will have teaching experience, a degree in English, and a willingness to serve students of all ability levels. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- facilitate inquiry that deepens the study of literature and the humanities
- connect with students and foster their love of reading, writing and discussion
- design curriculum that engages students through multiple entry points into course topics
- scaffold instruction and support learners with varying needs and strengths
- organize time effectively in the block schedule, for periods of 60-90 minutes
- utilize technology to expand students' range of learning opportunities
- communicate feedback to students and parents in a timely, professional manner
Members of the English department work collaboratively and model life-long learning for their students. Salary and benefits are competitive with other Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Washington, D.C.
To apply, interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and list of three to five professional references to:
Mr. Charles Shryock, IV
English Department Chair
Bishop McNamara is accepting applications for the position Head Girls Lacrosse Coach. Bishop McNamara seeks someone with head coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level. Interested applicants should submit a professional resume to Athletic Director, Anthony Johnson, at Anthony.Johnson@bmhs.org. Bishop McNamara High School, a college preparatory school in the Holy Cross tradition, is located in Forestville, MD and competes in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference.