Summer Camps 2016 - Come join us for an event filled and fun summer at Bishop McNamara High School! The Summer Camp Program will be offering many opportunities and experiences throughout the summer. Academics, Athletics, Fine Arts and Leadership Camps available. For all information and to save your spot, go to Summer Camps.
Summer School - High School Prep, Original Credit, and High School-Level Credit Recovery courses are being offered for BMHS Current Students, Incoming Class of 2020, and Private High School students. Courses run from July 5th through July 29th. Registration starts online May 31st. For more information, go to Summer School.
Infrastructure, Information Technology, Facility Management & Planning
To support the religious, academic, athletic, artistic and co-curricular activities offered, Bishop McNamara seeks to provide a safe, modern, environmentally sustainable and technologically advanced facility which serves the needs of the school community.
Goals and Objectives
I. Maintain an enriched student learning experience that is safe and free of distractions and that supports the mission and philosophy of Bishop McNamara High
Upgrade, maintain, renovate and expand facilities to enhance teaching and learning in academic, religious, athletic, artistic and co-curricular activities. School. To accomplish this goal, the school will:
- Create a campus master plan that looks at all available opportunities to upgrade, renovate and expand our current facilities to maximize opportunities for our students to participate in the many unique programs that the school offers.
II. Prepare students for a world in which technology is powerful, embedded and pervasive. To accomplish this goal, the school will:
- Acquire state of the art, high quality technology tools and computer hardware as well as training for students, faculty and staff in an environment infused with ethical and innovative uses of technology.
- Ensure a state of the art Network Operations Center and Centralized Data Center incorporating emerging trends in the market-place with an updated wiring schematic of the school’s computer network.
- Develop a technology refresh study to plan and budget resources to account for the ever-changing technology landscape.
- Ensure that every instructional area possesses the capacity for digitally enhanced applications and that faculty and staff are well-trained in the uses of instructional technology.
- Develop digital resources for faculty, staff, students and parents.
- Create a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan.
III. Embrace environmentally sustainable practices cognizant of the limits of natural resources and mindful of the interconnectedness of life, we seek to meet our needs while enhancing the ability of future generations to meet theirs. Our school campus, which includes our buildings, playing fields, and natural surroundings, will serve as an example of sustainability, incorporating environmentally-conscious practices and technologies. To accomplish this goal, the school will:
- Seek conformance with the guidelines for certification as a Leader in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
- Review current procurement practices considering the life cycle and environmental impact of what we purchase.
- Promote the re-use of materials and resources, to encourage recycling and composting, to avoid excess procurement of food and materials, and to heighten community awareness in order to eliminate wasteful practices.