Bishop McNamara High School is participating in Do More 24! Join us on June 2nd for this 24-hour celebration of giving, sponsored by The United Way! The link to our donation site is BMHS DoMore24.
As part of Do More 24, BMHS will be hosting a few games to make the event interesting! Throughout the course of the day, we will be holding a "Clash of the Classes" - which Bishop McNamara and La Reine graduating class can raise the most money for our School? Let's find out!
Can't donate this year? No problem! Help us win money from United Way with our "Selfies for Good" games! Throughout the course of the day, we will kick off a three-hour selfie challenge on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Simply print this Do More 24 sign and use it in your selfie, then be sure to tag us and use the #DoMore24 hashtag! Each image MUST contain a different person to be counted for our total.
Thank you for your support of Bishop McNamara High School!
Medical Forms and Documentation have changed for the 2016-17 school year. Starting June 1st, all new medical forms & information will be available via Maccess for parents to complete. It is mandatory that ALL students have these forms completed for 2016-17 school year.
- June 1st - Medical Forms will be available in Maccess
- August 1st - Medical forms due for Students participating in Fall 2016 Sports
- August 15th - Medical forms due for ALL other Students.
- Parent Profile - update in Maccess now (“Update Household Information”) prior to starting online forms
- Cannot log into Maccess? Email Support@bmhs.org.
Summer Camps 2016 - Come join us for an event filled and fun summer at Bishop McNamara High School! The Summer Camp Program will be offering many opportunities and experiences throughout the summer. Academics, Athletics, Fine Arts and Leadership Camps available. For all information and to save your spot, go to Summer Camps.
Summer School - High School Prep, Original Credit, and High School-Level Credit Recovery courses are being offered for BMHS Current Students, Incoming Class of 2020, and Private High School students. Courses run from July 5th through July 29th. Registration starts online May 31st. For more information, go to Summer School.
Academic Excellence for All Students
Bishop McNamara High School provides a Catholic, college-preparatory education that values academic excellence for all students and a curriculum that informs, forms and transforms our students to reach their God-given potential by educating their hearts and minds while preparing them for life within the context of a global community.
Goals and Objectives
I. Ensuring students’ success in college and in life, the school’s curriculum and course offerings are rooted in the Catholic faith and the Holy Cross mission and charism. To accomplish this goal, the school will:
- Measure students’ mastery of essential knowledge and curriculum goals using benchmark course assessments and adjust to the needs of the students.
- Continue to develop and implement strategies for challenging all students to meet their God-given potential.
- Facilitate opportunities for students to examine and experience concepts, issues and cultures within a global context to help them be responsible and contributing members of society.
- Develop and implement a plan to minimize excessive interruptions to instructional time so as to maximize opportunities for quality instruction and learning.
II. Advancing teaching excellence, faculty and staff pursue scholarly and professional development activities both individually and collaboratively. To accomplish this goal, the school will:
- Provide greater resources for the formation of faculty. Create and implement a plan for faculty to communicate effectively and collaborate in teams to increase communication and sharing of successful teaching strategies.
- Foster an environment that continues to attract and maintain highly qualified faculty and staff who positively and passionately guide our students to academic excellence and spiritual development consistent with the mission and charism of Holy Cross.
III. Recognizing student differences and focusing on achieving measurable growth for every student, students will encounter teachers and programs that begin by engaging each student at his/her level of academic growth and spiritual development. To accomplish this goal, the school will:
- Continue to foster an environment in which faith is integrated with learning and living through the living example of the faculty, by relating the Gospel message to content areas, in partnership with families, and through service to the outside community.
- Clarify goals and expectations for each course in order to assist students to prioritize and focus on essential concepts and content literacy.
- Encourage students, across the curriculum, to become 21st century leaders by learning to think critically, reason logically, problem-solve creatively, communicate effectively, work collaboratively and inspire positive values with the understanding that “knowledge itself does not bring about positive values, but positive values do influence knowledge and put it to a good use” (Moreau).
IV. Deepen and enrich the fine arts as a means to develop the whole individual and to prepare the students to share their artistic gifts with the Bishop McNamara community and beyond. To accomplish this goal, the school will:
- Recognize that participation in the fine arts enhances a student's ability to communicate creatively and develops understanding of group dynamics in order to contribute positively to a collaborative project.
- Develop the innate gifts and talents of each student within the fine arts while challenging each student with the cognitive concepts of technique that form the foundation of all fine art.
- Provide performance and exhibit opportunities for the students in order to share their talents with both the McNamara community and beyond.
- Strive to integrate fine arts into the overall curriculum so the students can better understand the ways in which the fine arts fit within the context of our historical heritage as well as current trends and events