Summer Camps 2016 - Come join us for an event filled and fun summer at Bishop McNamara High School! The Summer Camp Program will be offering many opportunities and experiences throughout the summer. Academics, Athletics, Fine Arts and Leadership Camps available. For all information and to save your spot, go to Summer Camps.
Summer School - High School Prep, Original Credit, and High School-Level Credit Recovery courses are being offered for BMHS Current Students, Incoming Class of 2020, and Private High School students. Courses run from July 5th through July 29th. Registration starts online May 31st. For more information, go to Summer School.
Charism & Culture
Bishop McNamara High School seeks to deepen our commitment as a Catholic school through the education of both the hearts and minds of our community by integrating all facets of the school culture as a manifestation of the Holy Cross mission and charism.
Goals and Objectives
I. We seek to make manifest our Catholic identity and Holy Cross mission and charism through the formation of citizens for this world and the next, both by in-house ministry and through engagement with the Archdiocesan, Holy Cross, local and global communities. To accomplish this goal, the school will:
- Deepen our commitment to a comprehensive Campus Ministry program that provides opportunities for students, faculty and staff, recognizing that people are at various stages of their spiritual development and understanding that faith formation is a life-long process.
- Seek to strengthen our community of reciprocal trust by fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect in all areas of school life. Mutual respect is nurtured in a safe and wellordered environment in which high standards of conduct, individual accountability, and self-discipline serve as hallmarks for student behavior and achievement.
II. We assert and affirm the Bishop McNamara High School mission and philosophy through the continuation and adaptation of multidimensional programs to meet the needs of a diverse and changing population. To accomplish this goal, the school will:
- Guide and empower students and their families to make informed commitments to the institution consistent with their time and talent with academic accountability as the top priority for every student, yet recognizing the importance of fine arts, athletics, and extracurricular activities in the formation of the whole person.
- Deepen our commitment to comprehensive fine arts, athletic and co-curricular programs which provide instruction, leadership development, personal growth and performance opportunities for students at all levels of ability and experience, recognizing that participation in such programs contributes to the well-rounded development of the individual.
- Recruit, hire and retain competent, devoted faculty, staff and administrators of the highest quality and character who embrace the mission and charism of Holy Cross and also reflect the diversity of the student population and our world culture at large.