Welcome back Mustang Students and Families!
Just a couple of important points:
- Calendar for 2016-17 - BMHS, Maroon & Gold Days, Athletics & more
- Bell Schedule for start of 2016-17
- Medical Forms - Due Now - Parents: Log into Maccess and select "Forms"
- Update Household Information - Due Now - Parents: Log into Maccess and select "Update Household Info"
- Forgot your Maccess Username or Password? Go to Retrieve My Username/Password
- Traffic Pattern for Drop Off and Pick Up
- Carpool Info
- Important Dates this first week:
- 8/29 - Class of 2020: Freshman Orientation
- 8/30 - Class of 2020: Book Day/Yearbook Pictures
- 8/31 - Class of '19, '18 &'17: Dean's Mtg/Book Day/Yearbook Pictures
- 9/1 - All Students: First Day of Classes - Maroon A
- 9/2 - All Students: Full Day of Classes - Gold A
- 9/5 - Labor Day: No School
Have a great week, Mustangs!
The Bishop McNamara High School Strategic Plan for 2011-2016 provides a framework for growth and adaptation unlike any other in the school's history.
- Charism and Culture
- Academic Excellence for all Students by Educating Hearts and Minds
- Infrastructure, Information Technology, Facility Management and Planning
- Institutional Advancement
This Strategic Plan is both comprehensive and inclusive. Hundreds of stakeholders provided input, contributed to its development, and are invested in its implementation. Perhaps most significantly, the Plan is wide-ranging in its efforts to preserve the Holy Cross tradition of educating both the hearts and minds of our students by identifying the resources necessary to respond to the challenges and opportunities that we face currently and anticipate over the next five years.
This Strategic Plan balances the ideals of our unique mission with the environmental forces affecting Catholic secondary education. In order to conduct a thorough SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), data was collected from all major constituencies including students, parents, faculty and staff, board members and alumni. Listening sessions were held with alumni and parents to collect additional anecdotal information. Additionally, the entire faculty and staff participated in a full-day workshop in which collected data was evaluated, avenues for feedback were created and sample goals were developed. The Steering Committee studied all of the data points in great detail and the four above mentioned themes evolved.
Through the completion of this Strategic Plan, Bishop McNamara is continuing its commitment to advancing the Holy Cross vision of education. The Holy Cross charism has four defining characteristics: 1) A commitment to excellence in educating the hearts and minds of our students, 2) Building respect among all in our community, 3) Being a family modeled after the Holy Family, and 4) Bringing hope to those with whom we interact. The legacy of a Holy Cross education is characterized by curricular innovation, seeking and employing competent, devoted educators, and a commitment to a diverse student body regardless of ethnicity, faith tradition, academic aptitude, or socioeconomic background. Through the practices of hospitality and respect for others, Holy Cross institutions are open to all while they emphasize the Catholic faith and insight into social problems and while engaging in service to others.
The Bishop McNamara High School Board of Directors, School Administration and Leadership Council are committed to implementing the Strategic Plan as we seek, through God’s good grace, to continue to make a difference in the lives of the young people we serve by positioning Bishop McNamara as one of the finest Catholic schools in the country. We intend to take a “project management” approach to the implementation based on the principles of S.M.A.R.T. goal-setting, focusing on the unique mission and vision of the Brothers of Holy Cross and Bishop McNamara High School.