Thursday, September 3 is Back to School Night - meet with each of your student's teachers, hear what they are learning and doing in class, learn about each class' policies and procedures, and become better accustomed with your student's daily life here at Bishop McNamara.
You can start arriving here at 6:00 pm. The evening's program will start promptly at 6:30 pm.
PLEASE COME WITH A COPY OF YOUR STUDENT'S SCHEDULE. You can either print it out at home or come with it loaded on your smartphone or tablet. To access your student's schedule, go to your Maccess login. If you haven't logged in yet, enter Your Email at I Forgot My Username/Password at BMHS Login Center.
Bishop McNamara High School offers our students a 21st century renaissance education, which includes:
- Relevant and rigorous college-preparatory curriculum
- 163 courses
- STEM initiatives along with the Arts (STEAM)
- 17 Advanced Placement Courses
- 50 Honors Courses
- 8 different Modern and Classical Languages
- Online Classrooms with Learning Management Systems
- iPad 1:1 program and Technology Integration
- Offerings of e-Learning Online Courses
- Dual Enrollment Program for college credit
- Award Winning Fine Arts Program - most extensive in DC Area
- Unique Opportunities for Spiritual Deepening and Community Service
- Athletic Program - 20 sports competing in highly competitive WCAC
- International & Domestic Travel Opportunities available to all students
In addition, 100% of Bishop McNamara graduates went on to colleges and universities all over the country, earning over $19,023,262 in scholarships and aid.
Feel free to peruse our Admissions pages and make special note of dates and deadlines. Come visit our school as a "Mustang for a Day."
Contact Mrs. Garber, Director of Admissions, Email or 301-735-8401 Ext. 113; Jeffrey Southworth, Associate Director of Admissions, Email or 301-735-8401 Ext. 102; or Herman Gloster, Assistant Director of Admissions, Email.
Thank you for your interest in our school and welcome to our family!